Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Movies on Computer Games

Watching movies is one of the best things to do during a dissertation break. I am even more delighted when movies incorporate video games into its content.

Many many years ago, I watched Brainscan (1994). The movie is about a teenager playing a video game that goes real and bad. Even back then it made me think about the distinction between reality and virtuality. I also thought commanding your computer with your voice was very neat.

Yesterday, my sister recommended me a Belgium movie, BenX. She watched it from Netflix. It seems to have a much more humanistic perspective on video games. It focuses on the relationship between an authistic teenager and role-playing games. Watching it is on my list of things to do.

Another movie is on theaters now: Gamer. I am not very sure about that one. It does not have very good reviews, but out of curiosity and at a moment of weakness, I may watch it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment